Starting a Grant Writing Business
After you order the recorded webinar, you will receive a link and access code. You do not have to watch the webinar immediately: you can access it for two weeks after your order. Note that this course does NOT cover how to write a grant proposal.
Do you want to start a grant writing business or to take on a few clients? There is a great demand for qualified, effective grant proposal writers. This class will help prepare you for what is to come. Topics include:
- What nonprofits look for when they hire a contractor
- What credentials are most impressive
- How to get the right clients
- How to build experience
- How to establish a fee structure
- How to negotiate, and how to develop a contract format
- What ethical issues you should consider
- How to plan your business to succeed.
This course taught by Jay Katz of Grants West and Colorado Grants. Jay established the company in 1995 as a full-time business, and has successfully grown and operated the business continuously since that time. He has had contracts with close to 100 different nonprofits.